Monday, December 17, 2007

STARDUST IS NEARLY HERE...

... which means so is kid #1. I say that while looking up, waiting for the sky to fall because no matter how carefully I choreographed the school runs with the airport pick-up, something will have to go wrong. I am not a fatalist, but I am a realist. I'm actually tracking his flight now and it's 2 hours and 15 minutes late-- which will put him in his connecting airport ten minutes before his international flight leaves.
Yeah.... and the next flight via the same airline leaves nearly 24 hours later.
This is the kid that chose not to pack clothes... to prove a point to his grandma I think, since she filled his bags with stuff to bring ("Mom, I feel like a carrier pigeon!").

The Hubby is finishing up his training and is in the heinously stressful part of it (and the sadist in me isn't feeling the sympathy) (sorry, Hon), but I am anxious for him to do well so that he can be pleased with what he's accomplished.

I am thinking about what all I have accomplished, but I think I'll leave that post for another time.
(Here's a hint): 1. taught my boys that moms do cry for things other than coffee commercials and Hallmark movies. Like when something falls out of my overloaded arms and I know there's no way to retrieve it without dropping everything else; when the stupid Air Force-issued oven burns two dozen cookies you've been making all of your adult years with no incidences until now, and when a day of the week ends with "y".
2. I can move bunk beds across a carpeted room by myself.
3. I can let the laundry go unsorted and no one seems to notice, or....
4. I have taught my children to say only positive things around me (see accomplishment #1)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog.

    Um... let's see... you asked how long my post-partum lasts and I actually don't know what is normal. MINE seems to last about 2 years. After my first son was born I didn't go on meds until he was about 4 months old and then I got pregnant with my second son when my first was only 8 months old. They failed to mention that my postpartum meds would mess with my birth control pills.
    After my second son was born they refused to put me on meds because they thought it was just my thyroid. They were wrong I am convinced but that is neither here nor there at this point. When my youngest son turned 2 I think I really started to feel more like myself again.
    Then I got pregnant with my daughter. I went on meds pretty much right away after she was born and I am still on them and she turned one a couple weeks ago. I have no intention of going off the meds yet and my doctor doesn't want me to either.
    I participated in a postpartum depression study and they told me that it can last up to 3 years and that if you feel depressed for 3 or more days per week than it is probably something that needs looking at. They defined depressed as feeling overwhelmed, blue, sad, etc.

    I really couldn't make it through my days without the meds. I tried after my second son and it was a living nightmare.

    Even with my meds I have bad days as I'm sure you can tell by reading my blog!

    And I must tell you that I would be an absolute wreck if I had to do this alone... I put a lot of the load onto my husband whenever he is around so I don't know how you manage at all!

    If you have any other questions feel free to email me
    taradawnrobertson@hotmail.com
    or I'm on facebook as Tara Jane Robertson (link on my blog sidebar) if you are on facebook.

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape