Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Highly Unlikely Fairy Tale

This is a story about a girl...
A dog....A production.... The child hiding behind his hands is mine. A proud moment for me! And sorry to the teacher I got in the shot...

And
an enchanted land...

Once upon a time, there was a princess. Not just any princess, but a princess that could get sick like NO BOdy. She could get a cold that could turn into croup (that didn't go away in the day time), go immediately into the Flu-- ever try to keep a toddler in one place when they're hurling? From the Flu, into an ear ache and high fevers.

When a princess is ill, the kingdom all stands around in despair and waits to hear word of her recovery-- NOT. Here, the kingdom must go on. There are plays to attend and award ceremonies, so the sick one is hauled there and the Queen mother holds her breath that she won't have to run from the room with an erupting child while the Prince is saying his lines...

During this sickness, the newest addition to the kingdom arrived.
The three princes all saw their new furry friend when they stepped off of their school coach.
It was Bike to School day, so they all had their bikes and the King and Queen mother met them with Princess Pukesalot and Fenni....

They all discovered Fenni is part fish...And that there's nothing like a good roll in the sand after a quick dip in the river...


This land they all lived in was gorgeous. Brand-new baby sheep bleating in the not-so-distance, horses frolicking in their paddocks, and a beautiful little creek flowing through the budding trees... Oooooh, Ahhhhhh.

So, what does a royal family do when they've been blessed with such a place?
They move.

And while they pack, the Fenni dog who still loves water--even murky courtyard ponds that need cleaning, will spend a lot of time watching through the door the Queen Mother pack since he's too wet to come inside.

"A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!"No? How about, A Nap, a nap, my kingdom for a nap!?
Hear me now... I will never move again in my entire life!


Or until our orders expire....

14 comments:

  1. Fenni is SO not happy about being left outside. That picture is priceless!! I'm glad you added it to the mix.

    Hope the princess is better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely there at that creek. Why are you moving? Just a glutton for punishment? The dog is adorable, sickeningly so. Let that poor dog in! He's so sad out there! Then you can be as nasty and disgusting as us and our pony/dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every time we move I SWEAR that I will never do it again... but so far that hasn't worked for me.

    Do you have lovely scenery where you are moving too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really know how to make moving exciting, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot imagine moving so often. We did our one tiny tour and opted out. My BIL is moved all over the country every few years and they seem to thrive on it. It's not in my blood.

    And labs love water. You didn't know that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a sad looking pooch. But Fenni needs to stay out of the way or he'll get packed!

    Now, stop reading your comments and get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure take some beautiful pictures, lil' sis, but one thing I've noticed is the similiarity of where you currently reside and what I remember about the six years of travelling back and forth to Boston is - the sun never seems to shine. Quite the opposite here in Arizona as they're expecting to hit the first triple digit day of the year, meaning our week of Springtime is over. Now we look forward to the latter part of October when the temps dip back into the double digits. heavy sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please tell me you're moving someplace at least half as pretty! Fenni looks so happy in the water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your moving pain...but love the photos...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh. I do not envy you. Just the thought of packing up all our stuff and moving makes me shiver. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, hard to leave that place I'm sure. I abhor moving for any reason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I HATE moving... I can't believe how many times you've done it! I really fee for you, that's such a beautiful spot you have there... but where are you off to?

    And this time with Fenni too. At least not pregnant this time ?!

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape