"Teacher says, every time a bell rings, another Mom loses her mind!" or something like that.
It's that time again.
Time to eagerly look forward to Christingle Services (and the possibility of a child impaling themselves on the church font or catching another child's hair on fire), the kids' school Nativities to prepare costumes for, Christmas Fairs (where we will donate the prizes so that we can buy tickets to win; bake mince pies and cookies to donate so that we can buy and bring them back home) and church parties (with more themes requiring those of us without sewing abilities to buy costumes).
It will be the crazed insanity of pinning each child to his seat long enough to address Christmas cards to each of his 30 classmates (yes, children give cards here) and A2's incessant declaration of how much closer we are to Christmas since the day prior.
Not to mention meeting the USPS postal deadlines.
Fun times ahead. fun times.
Yep, tis the season. :)
ReplyDeleteFa la la la la
ReplyDeleteDeck the halls with boughs of holly
ReplyDeletewith six more hands I could, by golly.
Never mind 'time to be jolly'
Go on strike and open the Bolly.
I am SO not into Christmas. The joy went out of it early on in my marriage when it was mandatory we be at the in-laws EVERY YEAR! Last year was the first one ever that Dear Hubby and I spent it with our kids and grandkids only and it was GREAT!!!!! Just call me The Grinch.
ReplyDeleteThe bells are ringing... can you hear them? *wink*
ReplyDeleteI use the line.."What are you waiting for..Christmas!" or "Christmas will be here before you get done!"
ReplyDeleteWell...now that it is upon us..I totally take back those comments! I love Christmas..but..the anxiety just about wipes me out. Did I think of everybody? Addresses right? Handmade cards? Santa list? Black Friday (no)! Crowded stores? Wii? Treats for kids school/church classes? Ward activity? Baptism of 8 year old? Where are we going?
I'm going back to bed!! Have a good day..Hugs...tehe!!
My decorations have been up for a couple of weeks, but I just can't get into Christmas music yet. Maybe I'll just have a Twilight Christmas and play Twilight music all season long. I'm sure my family would love that!
ReplyDeleteI WAS feeling all Christmasy today. Went out and cut down pine boughs for our outside decorating. Knee deep in snow and the smell of homemade bread baking when we walked back in shaking the snow from our boots. But now? Not so much. (thanks!)
ReplyDeleteUgh, and cards too? Too much. Much too much.
and so it begins....
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD! every time a bell rings another mum loses her mind! I wish I'd said that lol...of course now I will be saying it...lol...it's in my head and refuses to get out! Very funny post...
ReplyDeleteSandi
So I want you to tell me about Dickens at Christmastime in England. Is he everywhere?
ReplyDeleteYes, my youngest is counting the sleeps. I was feeling pretty virtuous because we posted their letters to Santa in November! But now you've got me fretting about all the Christmas card work still to do.
ReplyDeleteUm, since I'm among friends... can you tell me what a mince pie IS? LOL! Have Fun!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Whitney
Oh, my love. It's that FUN time. And, only 18 days until MOVIE. (and that other reason I remember that date..........)
ReplyDeleteDoes Blighty celebrate on Saturday? Or is that just the continent?
Oh my! I got out of breath just reading all that you have to do this month! Good luck to you. Don't forget to slip in a bit of peace and goodwill for yourself every now and then, my friend. Take a moment or two to just enjoy the joy. ;)
ReplyDelete