You know that intuition thing?
Others call it a still, small voice. A quiet prompting.
Has it been telling you to call or visit someone or send a letter?
Tonight I wasn't quite holding it together. To say that we had had an emotional day would have been an understatement. I was watching the clock until bedtime...
like bedtime ever really stops the insanity in my house.
8.30 Woo Hoo! I turned on a recorded "Britain's Got Talent" to lift my spirits. I watched a grandfather and granddaughter sing and the thought of them together on a stage made me tear up. Why don't I have a grandfather? This sweet musical pairing falling on the heels of a really good pity party the other night-- me watching "Dan in Real Life" again and wondering why I couldn't be born to a family that did things together.
Then A2 appears (one of the children on my "lucky to still be living" list) to tell me that Miss Ky, who is no longer in her bed, has a poo and she's pulled off another great strip of wallpaper.
It was the permanent crippling of that straw-bearing camel.
Ok, in print, it doesn't sound like such a big deal, but believe me there's so much I can't write on here that I am facing daily and an after-bedtime stink and torn paper can throw me over. I cried. I swatted a little home destroyer and then sat down in my computer room and sobbed.
I pleaded, "Do you hate me so much? Could I possibly take anymore?" when I thought I heard a knock.
...there it was again, definitely a knock.
Great. The neighbors must have heard me shout and have come to save the children. Mascara is all over my face, so I cower in my computer room. Another knock.
I did open the door finally. My Branch President (Pastor) and his wife have brought cake and hot chocolate.
He explained that he left his house at 6 am and other than a fifteen minute stint around 4, had not been home the whole day. When he did get home, he felt very strongly that he needed to come by--"NOW", as he put it.
They stayed for two hours. She changed Miss Ky's stinky diaper and read her a story. She convinced the other kids to get in bed with promises that there would be cake for them tomorrow. She showed them the love and affection where my account was overdrawn.
He counseled with me.
Ok, he sat and I cried and vented, but he validated my feelings, and it was all done with NO CHILDREN climbing on me at the time.
So I ask again.
Is there someone that's been on your mind lately? It's not coincidence you know. Get off the computer and give them a ring.
ahem...you're still here...
I'm grateful your pastor listened to God's tug and knocked on your door. :) Have a great week, J.
ReplyDeleteThank you. THANK YOU! For sharing this story. I can relate to you on so many levels, and yes, there is someone who's been on my mind lately. I will go call her right now. Thanks for that extra push that I needed. Yay for those who are so in-tune that they take the Lord's role and save us when most needed. I hope your days get better. If it helps at all, there's someone across that big body of water out there that's living a very similar life to yours from what it sounds like.
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you for this reminder to listen to that 'small voice' inside.
ReplyDelete::sobbing::
ReplyDeleteWish I could help you. But at the same time, love the Universe's all-listening ears.
I am so happy that your Pastor listened to his intuition and that they came over to be there for you. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad they were there to care for you!
ReplyDeleteWhy is he called a branch president? I bet my husband would love that title! :)
What is that saying? "God hears and answers our prayers but it's through another person that he meets our needs".
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad they were there for you physically in a time of need. I have been on both the giving end and the recieving end of that moment of inspiration.
There is someone I've been thinking about but I'm too scared to call her. I'm too worried that I'll hear what I don't want to hear and then I'll be really upset. I've tried for 20 years to help her and it hasn't helped and yet I keep thinking if I reach out just one more time...
Perfect! What perfection. Well, after the knock. I don't think I'd use that word for all the stuff before.
ReplyDeleteIt's ok to lose it, dear. It's ok to be overwhelmed. We all get there and you, you've held off rather admirably. It's ok. Just thought I'd say.
I'm glad they were able to find you at your time of need. The world does have its way of making us stand up, listen and take charge. Thanks for that reminder. Be strong.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what to say other than I bawled all the way through this post...I am SO GLAD he listened and acted on it. So glad.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad someone 'just knew' you were having a tough time and needed an ear, a shoulder... life is funny that way sometimes.
ReplyDeleteHang in there.
Beautiful post Jeri! I'm so glad your branch pres is in tune with the Spirit. I suppose that's why he's in that position. I'm in tears reading. So sweet.
ReplyDeleteSo, I suppose I need to go tune myself up, and see who I should be serving.
God Bless!! (oh He does doesn't He?
When the spirit talks.....
ReplyDeleteYou know you did that for me the other week. The Lord hears my cries for help and I am grateful for the ears that listen. I can't help but think of the song..."The Still Small Voice"
What a great way to end my night...:)
Awesome. My God is completely and totally awesome.
ReplyDeletePraise God there's no coincidences in the Kingdom! Don't ever let anyone tell you there's not a message in the mess... even when it's made of poo and torn paper. Miss you my friend!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Carolynn
oh honey.
ReplyDeletewow. how awesome. coincidence or something greater...either way...
you needed that. someone/something heard you. and responded.
and gave you a moment to regroup.
i wish i could do something to help you. i know how i feel when things get out of control. and i wish that there was something i could do for you!!
just know i'm thinking of you!!
wow
ReplyDeleteInspiration is a wonderful thing. I'm going to make sure I listen better to it. I'm glad they listened.
ReplyDeleteDialing the phone....... ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad someone showed up at your door to help pull you up to your feet again. Sounds like guardian angels at work. Bless their hearts and bless yours too for all that you have been given to deal with.
love this...
ReplyDeleteSo grateful for others her are really striving to be the Lord's hands here on earth.
ReplyDelete