Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Least Favorite Holiday Song

On the last day of prepping,
(Because) my child's school is locked:

Twelve shoes a muddying
eleven calls a ringing
ten (blog) words a leaping
nine migraines threatening
eight
yams a mashing
seven tantrums screaming
six loads of laundry


Five hungry guests

four Pumpkin pies,
three tired kids,
two roasted birds
and a mom wondering will it all end?

This is what happens when I am faced with a locked play group gate on the day I had planned to make my pies, cornbread for stuffing and to roast the first turkey... rubbish poetry.

Hope your wednesday is better!

11 comments:

  1. I think you've got a hit song there.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Do you have anything to sip on while you cook? Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaawww....lol Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to it all turning out ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure that it will all turn out fine. Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow.

    verification word is MANIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate to break it to you Sweetie, but as long as you're a mom...that's how long it lasts...lol...love the song. I seem to have heard it before over and over and over...
    Sandi
    OMG!! you are not going to believe it but the word veri is
    frigin!!!
    go figure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know, I think it's pretty darn clever. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever. And I am totally stealing this for a Monday mission idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you're under stress. But you're funny too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! Hang in there! It will probably get worse before it gets better. ;)

    Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape