Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sounds of Silence

It's quiet over here...

That's what happens when your second external hard drive (in one year) self-destructs.

I'll be back when my transfer over to the new Mac is complete... for now I am anxiously holding my breath. I have NEVER had a computer transfer that something wasn't lost. One time it was my son's incredible music he had composed. Of course he hadn't backed it up, he was fifteen and trusted us to protect him.

It might be a good idea to email if you haven't heard from me for a while-- the email address book was the first thing to lose last time. For now, just think of everything you can do without your mind In The Gutter.

18 comments:

  1. NOooooo. Say it isn't so! I thought mine was fried this past weekend and now that it didn't I am pretending like nothing's wrong. Not so smart, right? Ya, I know. I should back-up.

    See you in a while.

    (Your new page is gorgeous!)
    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the transfer goes well. Keeping fingers crossed for you. While you are without your computer, you can take lots of pictures, I guess. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What??? Hope it's not too long. I'll go into withdrawl!!!

    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeesh... I hope this never happens to you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the transfer Jeri. I applaud your decision to go Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Transfers can be tricky. Good luck.. Happy Mac-ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and enjoy your new Mac. I love mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhh nooooooooooo!!!!!!
    Nightmare.
    Good luck! I hope all is recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's crappy! I just lost my whole I-tunes collection (probably only $100 worth but still). I HAD backed it up to a CD but didn't label said CD so I have NO IDEA what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good grief! Not again! I do know of what you speak. I lost so much when our motherboard died. Thankfully, I can't remember what was lost, so I'm good. Sometimes an aging memory is a good thing, but only in humans, lol.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope it won't be long. I love your posts. I love your pictures. Dang it Jeri!! I love you!!! (not in THAT way!)
    Hope all goes well with the transfers. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is not good, not at all. I feel your pain, I lost hundreds of treasured photographs that way once (and yes, I have learned my lesson and keep double back up's now on just about everything I value).

    Sending your equipment threatening vibes for it to behave itself, if it doesn't want to have it's plug pulled.. hoppe all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the transfer.
    Terrible when things go wrong with computers & things........
    Freaks me!

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape