Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nothing and a Whole Post of It.

Sometimes if you have nothing to say, you shouldn't even sign into your blog...


When have I ever listened to reason?

  • Please think positive thoughts for Son #1 who takes his ASVAB today (finally!). He had a birthday earlier this week-- away from friends and family because he had driven to the recruiter only to discover he didn't have all of his paperwork and had to wait for it to arrive by snail mail. A perfect lesson in planning for him. Take EVERYTHING in case you need it, I'd pack the kitchen sink if it was detachable.

  • Think "old guy" thoughts for the Hubby who just gained another birth year yesterday while I still hold steady at the number I chose. In three years, we will be the same age.

  • High-five me. I'm finally shooting in RAW. Which is why I'm not posting a lot of photos since more time goes into making them web-ready.  Which also means you're not having to wade through "other people's kids" photos, so maybe the high-five really goes to you?

  • Help me think optimistic thoughts. I will ride for 14 hours on a plane to get to somewhere that is waaaay hotter than where I am coming from, only to be surrounded by MY HUSBAND's family. Absolutely nothing wrong with Dad, wicked(ly awesome) Stepmother, her two daughters and Sister-in-Law with Niece, but I do see myself spending a lot of time being a single parent while Hubby reminisces about the "good ol' days" with Dad and Sis.

  • Laugh at me when you know how I rejoiced as I was released from my excessively stressful church calling (RS Prez), only to be called in as Young Women Prez. 
          A week before girl's camp. 

Three weeks left of my kids idle summer holidays and Mom spent one of them away--with other people's children, laughing hysterically in a tent (of leaders) late into the night (technically, into the early morning).  I'll never grow up, but have discovered that
I don't rebound from all-nighters like I used to...

And I know you've been dying to ask:


How much weight have you lost preparing for the Disney World trip?


I dunno. I don't own a scale. I have dropped one dress size. I only discovered that on Sunday as I was walking out to my car and my slip slid down to my ankles. Embarrassing and exciting at the same time.



See? Nothing. and a lot of it. 

20 comments:

  1. Not so nothing. :)

    I'll be thinking positive thoughts, hope the ASVAB goes well. My son #1 had a similar teaching moment this week. Take everything indeed.

    Happy Birthday to the hubby. Many, many more.

    Congrats on RAW. I flirt with it from time to time but the editing time always beats me down. Then I shoot in Fine + RAW, then I give up and just shoot Fine. I'm fickle.

    You are a saint to vacation with hubby's family, no matter how wonderful they are. Especially to go where you're going in August! Hope you have a great time and Woohoo! on the dropping off slip. Tres exciting!

    Either someone has it in for you, or they just realize how awesome you are, Young Women Prez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sending nothing but wonderful vibes your way....and I would kill to have a slip fall down. But, I don't own a slip. A slip??? They still sell those?!?!?

    Happy and safe travels;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think summers are SUPPOSED to be filled with a lot of nothing, so... well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that slip falling down thing once...but it was 20 years ago.

    I have very few occasions to wear a dress or skirt now, and don't even own a slip anymore.

    My bad. Someone's gonna take away my woman badge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for the slipping slip. Great news. Now if I could get my slip to slip down again (not that I own one anymore).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, am I the ONLY person still putting a slip under my skirts??????

    ReplyDelete
  7. you had me laughing! and i LOVE it.
    and way to go on the weight loss---i'm trying (rather unsuccesfully so far) to get some of the poundage off my belly. i'be got a wedding to go to in three weeks and can't fit into any of my cute clothes yet.
    and HA-HA!!! on being released from RS and thrown into YW's --- sigh...i do feel bad for you, but don't know what to tell you also. :)
    good luck.
    hang in there.
    have fun.
    (which i know you will)
    me. i'll just stick it out in primary for as long as they keep me around (prob only as long as my baby stays in his car seat during the hours...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always afraid of losing my slip or tripping in my high heels as I'm walking up to the organ each Sunday. In fact, last Sunday I realized my slip was tucked into the back of my underwear last week. At least it wasn't my skirt tucked in!

    RS Prez to YW Prez? I didn't think that was allowed : )

    Good luck to your son.

    Funny, I've been the same age for about 4 years now. My youngest is trying to figure out how that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a whole lot going on to me! I'm thinking all kinds of good thoughts for you and your family. I hope you have a wonderful vacation! It sounds to me like it will be a well-deserved one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad your in-laws are so nice! Positive Thoughts and a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a safe trip to visit the fam. I hope you enjoy your trip.

    You are inspiring me to also shoot in RAW. I haven't tried before, but would love to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unless you have unruly girls, YW Pres is easier than RS Pres. Even with girls camp.

    Who am I to say though, I am a man.

    Also, my jealousy still runs deep - real deep - for your trip to DWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha! I would have loved to see your response to the slip sliding down. Hehe. Very I Love Lucy of you. ;)

    Egad. A 14 hour plane ride. 'Nuf said.

    I can not recover from all nighters like I used to either. Nor can I have more than a couple of drinks. I am not a happy camper the next morning if I do. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, in other words you're slip gave you the "slip."

    LOL. I kill myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet nothings!

    Ok, I just have to say that I've always thought they only give these sorts of callings to the really awesome women in the ward. I think you rock Jeri! Good luck in the new calling and have tons of fun at Disney World!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No rest for the weary, I guess. I am with you, though, with the scale. I weigh myself once a month. I would rather feel the difference than see it with a number.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow it all sounds great except the new church job which is worse than the old one and you did say NO didn't you?
    If I did an all nighter I would be dead...just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  18. ps your slip slipped off? HOOT! celebrate and buy some new jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't worn a slip in years to be honest - but it must be great if it falls down due to weight loss....I guess!! Don't envy you such a long flight but hope your holiday is a gas despite everything! (and you ARE thinner, so that should make you feel happier!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My daughter made me stop wearing slips but I do still own them! You know. Just in case. She also got me to stop wearing pantyhose, except I still wear tights in cold weather. Talk about a more comfortable existence! Yup, we're pretty wild out here in west Texas...

    And your estimation of the age thing isn't wrong. Men age faster than women, well mentally anyway. That's why they say to marry a younger man your 2nd time around, LOL!

    Every time I open up my Olympus file, I see the RAW tab but have never had the brain cells to actually read what it's all about. So, Bravo!

    Have great fun on your trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape