Wednesday, December 8, 2010

For Your Own Good

My little blossom,
sweet, sweet flower...













Will you ever trust me,
when I am telling you something for your own good?



I have been around long enough
  to see the signs-
      the warnings,
my purpose here is to counsel...






Can't you trust me to guide, protect
and love you?



No... you are young,

   reckLeSs,

       naive...

you consider yourself 

indestructable.

















 Others around you heeded the warnings...


Others listened...



I hate watching you suffer because of bad choices



 Next year,
              when a freaky warm spell sweeps through,


will you trust me...



when I ask you to NOT BUD in NOVEMBER?


Seriously, this happens every year. Will you ever learn?

12 comments:

  1. ha! Poor roses!! Guess they will never learn!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not where I thought you were going with that, but then you knew that.

    I bet they were pretty for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have to give them some points for their determination, at least, against all odds and whatnot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos!

    I have the same conversations with my azaleas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those silly flowers give the impression that they're good listeners, but they're really not very smart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. but it gets you beautiful pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are talking to your roses, right? Either way, an amazing plea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow cool to stumble on this blog. I used to work in Norwich for the Eastern Daily Press but I live in the US now..

    ReplyDelete
  9. They never learn. Mine budded just last week and was frozen mid-opening. Really - you'd think they'd know better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please come to Canada and visit me. I do believe we would have the most fabulous time together!! And I loved this post. Please guest post for me on my blog. You are so much better at writing than I am!! So creative! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers....children....both so alike. I love how you told this.

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape