We were warned of things that make us stand out as Americans and it was drilled into us how to behave in International airports-- which passports to use, which luggage to have etc...
![]() |
| 48th Fighter Wing RAF LAkenheath |
So could someone PLEASE explain to me why airmen from our base were escorted on to an (obvious) U.S. AIR FORCE BUS at the Frankfurt Germany airport?????
There's two devastated mothers whose fears of an upcoming deployment were justified, only sooner than they expected.
As a mother to a young man preparing to enter Basic Training (and spouse of a man who deploys regularly), I'm angry that it was even possible to target these military members.
My sincerest condolences and prayers go out to our RAF Lakenheath Security Forces; the Airmen involved and their families and to the family of the bus driver.

So horrific!!
ReplyDeleteHugging you
Su
So senseless and tragic. Hugs to you, J.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. It's infuriating when things are blatantly done wrong, but horrific when it results in tragedy. {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteWhen I heard the airmen were stationed in England, I immediately thought of you.
ReplyDeleteThere are no words to express the shock and sorrow over this senseless act.
Hopefully, the AF will change their procedures to help keep our military service members (and families) safe.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo sad and so wrong that this happened. I know that worry and that pain of losing someone serving in the military. We pray every night for the safety of our servicemen and women.
ReplyDeleteMy husband raised the same question last night while watching the news. My heart breaks for these families.
ReplyDeleteDitto copy this post to their base commander. And that is a big AMEN. If you can see the stupidity and senseless waste, why can't highly trained professionals?
ReplyDeleteSorry this had to happen while you are waiting and dealing with it all so close to home.
ReplyDeleteYeah, that does't sound right. Yeah, it pretty much sucks. Nobody really deserves that kind of hassle.
ReplyDeleteClearly I should have watched the news today. I'm so sad to hear about this! We live down the street from a family whose son was murdered at the Ft. Hood massacre, was it last year or two years ago? So pointless to lose them this way. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteI am with you. Awful awful!! And I am ever grateful for the sacrifices of you, your Hubs and you son, that you make so that I can live in a free country. Thanks!
ReplyDelete