Thursday, June 12, 2008

Please Mind the Gap

"You can reach me by railway, you can reach me by trailway
You can reach me on an airplane, you can reach me with your mind
You can reach me by caravan, cross the desert like an Arab man
I don't care how you get here, just- get here if you can" --Brenda Russell

I wonder why she left out "red double-decker bus" maybe it's hard to rhyme...



Watch your step, you don't want to imitate "While You Were Sleeping"


Straight out the tube door while a lady standing close by grinned at me for
taking photos of tube adverts.

All my friends queuing up to read this blog... or inside the tube, I can't remember which.

Going up the steps under the Tower Bridge.
This is how the Hubby and I travel. I'm like a third-world inferior wife keeping a certain distance from her Husband.
His legs are longer, and I'm dealing with an impairment that keeps me from walking quickly (you know, camerahand)

London Bridge (not the one in Arizona), although I've seen that one too. Also on my birthday. The 26th one I think. It should stand out in my memory, I got a speeding ticket. on my birthday. Wow, cut a girl some slack....

Well that's it (not really, but that's all I'm subjecting you to). It's time to return to my sharp, distinct writing style... fine, it's time to begin rambling again. Cut a girl some slack....

10 comments:

  1. Is there really a London bridge in Arizona?

    I love your pictures. I'm so glad you are camerahand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got such a kick out of the "mind the gap" reminders when we were in London. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there really is A London Bridge in Arizona...Lake Havasu...been under it many times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour...OMG...(my kids are driving me nuts right at this very minute) save me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must have been misinformed. I had heard the double deckers were being retired??

    And, I'm so glad of the view of Tower Bridge. (giggled at the Az one!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I would love to be in your shoes! I'm glad you loved Phantom. If you get a chance to catch it in Las Vegas after you get back to America, be sure to.
    Enjoy Father's Day.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when you take me on tour with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously those people are lined up to see your blog and look at all of your photos.
    I got behind on reading your posts, so just went through the last five or so posts and read them all and commented on them all. You are making me pretty dang happy with all of these photos of London! Thank you thank you thank you!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. my husband flipped out when my dad took a picture in the tube last summer, was convinced we'd be arrested as terrorists. sigh.

    and then, when we went to the tower, that line was down and we had to walk FOREVER to get there, and then from there to the british museum. oh my blistered feet.

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape