Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Seaside Sketches

I couldn't make scenery like this up.... (click for closer views, I uploaded large)


J2 said to me, "I think I'm a water hugger, Mom. I just love to be in the water."
THAT's my boy!

Jake (aka Bat Dog) is a Water Hugger too.


Guard Puppy.
Who had his own bed in the tent, but slowly snuck up (commando-style) to lay next to me and spent the entire night cuddled up by my side. He was such a good camper.
And he doesn't eat poo like the other dog that was there.


Can you imagine traveling with me?

We never get anywhere fast because the camera is always itching to get out of the car...

This mill is out in the middle of farmland. I saw it from a distance and The Hubby said, "Do you need to go get a picture of that?"
I didn't say, "Well Duh..." Instead, I was gracious and said, "Oh, that would be great" and then forced the family to travel all the way back where we started so that I could get just the right angle...


...which was good because the second time past this phone box, I asked to stop. Actually, I insisted we stop. I wasn't as gracious this time.
But, You know how I feel about phone boxes.

And look, this one serves Fish and chips!

18 comments:

  1. You never can get a picture of one of those fun red boxes without a sign, can you?

    I'm loving the tour of England you're providing. I seriously asked hubby to trade for there when we were in the AF but it didn't fly with him. He said it was too far from home. So he got stationed in Alaska. God has such a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! How fun, and what an adorable dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are getting a priceless education. I've always wanted to be in your shoes. Enjoy every drop. I can tell you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving these pictures you took.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jake crawling commando-style. What a lewd puppy...no underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! That phone box picture is so cool! I so love that photo of the windmill. What a wonderful, wonderful trip.

    TTYS - Sniz

    ReplyDelete
  7. wouldn't it be a bit uncomfortable to sit in that phone box to eat fish and chips? and...where do they cook it?
    ok...so, your next holiday...i'm coming, ok?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep...factor 5 leiden. i have one gene...not both. but it was the cause of a major blood clot from my groin to my ankle, during my second pregnancy. i was on heparin for the whole preg. plus...the whole pregnancy as precaution with the ross..my youngest. i took myself off coumadin because i kept spontaneously bleeding...and my levels were always out of whack.
    do you have it too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A phone booth that serves fish and chips to! HA! It doesn't get any better than that, does it?

    I am a total water hugger too! I love that term!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You suck. And, I want some fish and chips in a phone booth, dammit. Makes my day job as Superwoman so much easier if they can serve me food at my quick change venue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally want a red box phone booth that serves fish and chips... for that matter I want a seascape as well.

    Sometimes I really despise where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That windmill is too cool. And I just saw a red phone booth last week here in Old World Village and thought of you! I took a picture of it too. Still need to post the photos of that trip. I guess I could do that today, huh?

    (thanks for helping me find my topic!)

    Wendy

    Tell Jake, the dog formerly known as Fenni and previous to that know as Jake that I say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You take some really beautiful shots, hostage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.

    And that is awesome fast food. Although if Superman ate too much of that, he'd look really awful in all that spandex.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you going back on Friday for fish and chips? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. it would be a tight fit eating in that box

    i think MQ is a water hugger, too

    and this song? one of my faves (and I nearly turned it off like I usually do, because I cannot multi-media task and listen to music AND read at the same time)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teeheee... we would travel well together.

    My camera is attached to my hand. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures - makes me want to hop the pond right now!

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape