Saturday, July 5, 2008

Meme 1, KarenMEG-- I finally did it!

What was I doing 10 years ago?

1) 9 months pregnant, walking several miles in the Missouri heat, because the Hubby and Son #1 forgot to come get me from my Doctor's appointment.
2) Anxiously anticipating baby two, after nearly losing him in the early months.
3) moving house. Of course. In the heat. And painting a Nursery in Pooh colors of purples and greens.
4) Just finished being a leader at a Young Women's camp. First time ever. Came home with ticks on my back that I could't reach because of my HUGE belly.
5) Watched Michael Crawford in concert-- a concert my Hubby can no longer remember.
6) Loving a Hubby, a 10 year-old, a dog and two ferrets.

What are 6 things on my to-do list for today:

1) Going to see a movie on base with the kids. Wall-E .
2) pick up two bday gifts for friends and think about teacher gifts... yikes.
3) finish preparing my Sunday School lesson. YIKES
4) Convince the kids to eat something to go so that I can work on that lesson more
5) Laundry. yipee
6) Celebrate J2 getting chosen for the "Train with the Stars" program-- with Norwich City Football Club. Who Hoo!

Snacks I enjoy?

1) chocolate
2) yogurt
3) chocolate yogurt would be ideal
4) cheese
5) berries. Apples if they're cut already.
6) bowl of cold cereal and milk.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire?

1) Since there really is no threat of this happening in my lifetime, do I have to answer this?
2) Drown family members in it
3) Give it to the church and trust their distribution to charities.
4) invest some
5) Buy a house and pre-pay the maid I'll want in it for about 20 years or so.
6) travel, and take whoever wanted to go with me.

Places I have lived?

Arizona
Mississippi
Kentucky
Missouri
New Mexico
Azores Islands
Great Britain oops, that's 7.

How did you name your blog?

I did a search to discover what was causing my two boys to have toilet issues (my body's way of dealing with the stress of the Hubby's deployment was to shed eyebrows-- the boys began having "other" issues). I then did a search about being a military wife and came across a blog that I really enjoyed. She was a member of NaBloPoMo, so I checked it out and started a blog. Having absolutely no idea what I was doing or why. I used the name, In the Gutter because of the Oscar Wilde poem. I really was feeling more like the person that would lay in the Gutter and cry until the street sweeper found me, but I thought the poem was a little more optimistic.

So, here I am. Still blogging and still don't know why.

You know there's a lot of you I'd like to know more about, but I also know several of you who hate memes. So, please feel free to bare your soul and leave me a comment so that I can come over and learn about you. Please.


18 comments:

  1. How very cool! Not the walking in the heat nine months pregnant part, but you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hi-5* on the chocolate and cheese. I love them almost as much as I love myself!

    I'm glad I didn't miss this post. The very first thing that came to my mind on my first visit here was, "Why that blog name?"

    Glad to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I can remember ten years ago. When and where were you in Mississippi? How long have you been in England?

    I wondered about your blog name.

    Mine is from liking to fix food with fresh ingredients, Fresh Fixins. Oh well,..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so glad you're still blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so where in Missouri were you 'cause I'm there right now. Well, actually we recently moved to the Kansas side of things. Not a place I ever expected to be, but still a very nice place to live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I grew up in Missouri. Am so happy to be outta that heat. While my parents were still sweating their butts off this evening (in Misery) I was sitting here enjoying the cool of Wisconsin. :)

    I like Memes like these, where I feel like I get to know you. How horrible to have to walk after your doc appointment. Glad you didn't have the baby in the road. . . or did you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Answers:

    Biloxi, Mississippi when it was still there :-( We left in December '97. Loved it there.
    Warrensburg, Missouri-- 50 miles east of Kansas City (and then we moved to the AFB which is just outside Knob Noster). J2 was born in a hospital a few days after that walk :-)

    And David, aren't you supposed to be away? (step away from the computer...):-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun post, nice to get to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, that's me still stuck up there on your first meme at #4. That is REALLY disgusting. Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pictures on your side bar. Did you have a cell phone when you had to walk home in that heat? I bet your husband felt guilty! Did you get any good guilt-gifts? :-)

    Have a great day! Sniz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy reading random facts about people, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOooh, Azores Islands sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is Biloxi being rebuilt? The tiny town in which I grew up is being rebuilt. Kinda. Barely. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Hope you had a great holiday.

    You have an award waiting for you over @ my place, so drop on by and pick it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've loved your last several posts. Well, all you write is fun to read actually. Have a great July!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I'm glad you're blogging cuz you have really good taste in snacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. First: Nablopomo? Whaaaa? Please to be telling me what that is. And I just got all caught up and loved that your son and the guys won the band contest! The people's choice and the money! Woo hoooooooo! I'm the mom who drives the kids and all of their friends in the van while we rock out to KROQ: K rock!!! Yeah baby! We loves us a little rock and roll. Amen on the pencil eye poking.

    Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading these things. You can always learn so much about people.

    SOund like you've lived in some wonderful places.... and we both love the same food. Me for sure it the word chocolate is anywhere nearby. :)

    Hope you enjoy Wall-E. We are going to see it too...... some time in the future. e just have to wait until the Hubs gets time off work 'cause he want to come too! Let me know if you like it, 'kay?

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape