Thursday, December 18, 2008

You Brought a Snack, All Things British

Do you know what today is?

It is officially Twilight eve. Time to get the kiddies snuggled in their beds, so visions of vampires can dance around in mine. One more day...



Oh, did I mention it's ALSO the day my oldest man-child arrives
from the states?


He'll be jet-lagged and passed out for the first three days he's here so I have no problem saying, "Welcome home, here's your bed, I'm going to the cinema!"

Footy Mum and I will leave early mainly because it's friday, it's a city and traffic and parking can get maniacal. That leaves the issue of hungry tummys. Not to fear, Cinema snacks are here.
We can get these:
or these:
but we won't be looking for buttered popcorn.

Popcorn is sweet, like a carmel or toffee popcorn but not so sticky as what we're used to. I don't even know why I'm talking about popcorn since it has been BANNED in several cinemas already. (Even more interesting, did you know that some people are unaware we get gouged when buying movie snacks? There's an uproar from folks who are just now realizing this fact).

Never mind, I'm sure we can grab a Doner kebab (remember, say "kuh BAaaB"--like a sheep) afterwards. That or a curry can be picked up nearly at every corner (I love it here!).

Part of the UK cinema experience is the silly anti-cell-phone use (during movie) advertisements. They're fun enough to make sure I'm in my seat on time. (You REALLY should watch one: Val Kilmer, Darth Vader, Snoop Dog, Macaulay Culkin, Joan of Arc ). The rest of the adverts are from auto makers (I could happily skip those and might go back to the concession stand to pick up more fun stuff).

A new house, a prodigal son, a vampire and sweets...

Can one overdose on excitement?!

21 comments:

  1. enjoy Twilight. i haven't seen it yet. i've mostly heard good things. and your children are gorgeous! i've thought that before and the pic of your son here reminded me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean some places have banned popcorn? What kind of nonsense is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it was Ke BAAAb. I've seen Notting Hill, wumman! I hope you guys have the most fun. Go in expecting nothing - for me. I'm so so excited for ya! And, yay for the son's return. Also, the Cadburys looks YUUMMMMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! Please do a movie review...still up in the air if we are going to go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen it yet either. Your son is so handsome! What a nice end of the year your are having! Merry, merry;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for all of the excitement. I want to know if the wine gums actually have wine in them? That would make the movies even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw...so so happy for you my dear! I feel like jumping up and down. Seems you are due a little happy, don't you think? Enjoy the movie, have a sweet for me, and big hugs for your soon to be visiting son. Hurray and hurray again for a new house. :-) Soak in the joy while it is here! My son comes home from college in two days. Can't wait to see him! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm curry on every corner. I think I would love it there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow-- a candy that has both the word "Maynard" and wine on the box--can life get any better??!! I think not. Your son is so handsome and I hope you have a great itme at Twilight but the best part of your post was the link to the cell phone ads--LOVED THEM!! Never saw them before!! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, and have loads of fun at the movie....just be prepared for the squealing,screaming, swooning teens :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WINE gems? with actual wine???

    enjoy your night out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart skipped a beat when I saw this was a Twilight post! Yippee!!! You finally get to go!

    Yay your oldest is there with you! Yay for Twilight! Yay for chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you believe I haven't seen it yet either? Please don't hate me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just having the best Christmas ever ALREADY! How hawt is THAT?!? Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did I see Cadbury Eclairs in the news guy's pile of cinematic pleasures??? My boss just brought those back from his last trip to the UK. He gave me one. I am contemplating how to steal the others. Trouble is, he'd notice.

    Enjoy your son, your new house and your Twilight...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That boy of yours is so handsome. Glad he is coming home. :)


    And I'm SO EXCITED for your Twilight experience. Yahoo!!!!! Of course you will have to post your review immediately!
    HAVE FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow your son is one handsome laddie! lock him up. your making me awfully curious about these movies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first popcorn my younger son Michael ate in a British theater he announced in a "I learned to whisper in a sawmill" voice "they've put sugar on my popcorn, SUGAAR"...give me good old salty popcorn anyday lol! And a tall drink to steer her by...enjoy your vampire movie! I know that I will...
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes - yes! Exciting! Looking forward to posts about prodigal son, the house and what you thought about your favorite vampires on the big screen!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmmmmm. Have I mentioned before how much I adore British goodies? Salt and vinegar flavored potato chips (crisps for you right?) and Aero bars. Wait, what were we talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like the merriest of Christmases at your house - all your kids home AND your movie to watch. Can I get a Woot-Woot!!!

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape