Monday, February 1, 2010

Were You Expecting Any Less From Me?

I have a dream...

I dream that when I go to Disney World this year, I will be able to upload photos via my iPhone without editing one chin and my bottom half out of the photo.

I dream that there will be only one need for buying new clothes, and that will be because shorts look silly gathered tightly with a massive belt.




This confession of my dream to the masses (all 6 of you) is so that I will be accountable for making better choices.

I don't believe in dieting.

Our bodies are like Russian secret agents that adapt to any (starvation) plan we come up with. I'm going to kill my agent with kindness.

There won't be any torture, like baking chocolate chip cookies and then withholding them from myself. Instead, I will choose to eat one instead of a whole batch (leaving me with no choice but to frantically bake another dozen in the middle of the night so that no one notices the first batch is gone. In the past, I've tried telling them that I put them in the freezer, but they never buy it).

When the choice is junk or health, I will choose health.

Pizza is currently not my friend (keep repeating until you feel it).

Exercise is fun (keep repeating).

My Husband is my biggest down-sizing enemy. He likes Rubinesque women (this is the man who tried to kill me with a chocolate overdose). He may have to be served with a restraining order.

"If I wanted to see bones, I'd hang out in a cemetery".

Yes, Dear, I understand that you don't like women who look like they might break, it's just that the bones I'd like to see again are my anklebones.

Not a fan of the 60's Twiggy look myself (although the 2010 Twiggy looks fantastic). I just think it's kind of sexy to be able to see that a woman's has knees.

It'd be fun for people to see my vacation photos and instead of asking, "Is she at a supermarket? Look at those giant hams she has hanging around her neck." (those are my arms, thank you very much), they can say, "Oh look how much fun Jeri is having not hiding behind Eeyore".

It's not so hard, right? If I can put on 40 pounds in 9 months while incubating a child, I should certainly be able to take off 10 when I'm only eating for one.

We're all allowed to dream.

Anyone want to join me on my February - August "Choose Healthy" quest?

20 comments:

  1. Great new design.

    I WISH 10 pounds were my goal--my goal for the year is 25, and that still leaves me with way too much. I'm taking a similar approach though, no diet, no deprivation, just smart and sensible.

    BTW--lose it because you want to, but you look great in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm done with dieting. There is a reason the word starts with 'die'. As I tell anyone who asks, If you don't like the way I look, turn around.

    Of course, if I only had 10-25 #'s, maybe I'd join in. I really need to go on the 'biggest loser', but they work too hard.

    Good luck in your endeavor!

    My word verification is 'hotti', so I guess I'm okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hottie Linda and Mom, 10 was a random number. It's a goal I have a chance to reach. The number my doctor would pick? around 40, which would put me at my pre-pregnancy weight that was then called "overweight".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has been my goal for the new year. Eat better, move more!! I'm in!!!
    Best of luck to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally in. While I KNOW that I have a ton of weight to lose, somehow I have an incredibly flattering mirror. I see myself, change the outfit several times, and voila! Not too bad.

    And then I saw pics from our Disney trip last year. Girl, those hams you speak of? Yeh, hanging. Right there. And how did those clothes that I love fit around that monstrous waistline?

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you! I've been there, done that, then regained the weight and now need to do it again. I'm trying to do it gently too like you. One day at at time. It took some time to put it on, it will take some time to take it off again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! I tried Weight Watchers with my husband. He lost 40 and has become obnoxious about counting stinkin' points. I lost 15 and then regained 10 and I HATE POINTS. I'll do it your way this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh heck yeah I'm with you!! I need motivation and a kick in the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to see some new colors over here. :) I've been working on this for the last ummm 21 days I believe it is. I need to work a little harder at the eating half of things, but I'm doing well with the workingout part. I'm starting to feel obligation to it which is nice. It's a big difference than blowing it off and being ok with that. You can definitely do it and I think your plan sounds like perfections. Diets don't work but giving in a little but knowing when to hold back will take you much further! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't believe in dieting either, but I have eaten way more of the cookies I just baked than I care to admit. I actually like how I feel after I have been exercising, it is just getting moving that is the hard part. Good Luck, I'm trying to loose a boatload.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your husband likes you with meat on you buy bigger shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I would give anything if Mr. Snooty liked me with more poundage. Before we got married (3 decades ago) he told me that he'd leave me if I ever got fat. How's that for giving one's fiance confidence? Years later he swears he was joking but I know better. He was dead serious at the time.

    And if it makes you feel any better, I gained exactly 65 pounds during each pregnancy. I looked like an Ostrich according to my ex-SIL. Someone else told me I was as big as an elephant. Yeah, I have great friends & family, huh?

    Okay, so I'll try to jump on the bandwagon for February but I'm not making any promises...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SO with you! I have 10 or 15 pounds to lose. But if I get to 10, I know I won't stop there. :) YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you. I got 4-5 pounds in January with just a half-arsed effort. I hope to repeat that again this month. I might even up the ante to a one quarter arsed effort.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in. I need to lose weight as well. Our church is even having a "Biggest Loser" type challenge starting at the end of this month that hubby and I are both joining.

    We'll lose this weight together...the healthy way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. as i've said before... the lose it! app for your iphone. i am starting to use it again to get rid of the few pounds I gained over the holidays. But just the ease of keeping track of what I ate and how many calories that meant made it way easier to choose carrots over chips (most of the time). it was not a diet. it was WAY healthier eating.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in. I need to do so much better. I've been making some better choices already this year, but I need to keep on it, and not give up. Oh, and it's like fifty pounds for me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't believe in dieting, either. And I'm always with you on such a quest. Exercise alone is a slow process however. (But the only one I'm willing to take.)

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape