Some people go silent for a very good reason.Not me.
No reason.
One morning I woke up and realized two weeks had passed and I hadn't posted a single thing. Actually it's longer considering I just threw a couple of videos up on here and called them posts.
So, here's where I've been when I could have been blogging:
That bruise that was taking up most of my calf? It was swollen, got hard and developed some sort of infection. How does a bruise get infected? I blamed my shower and hidden germs, so I nuked the thing and it will never hurt another middle-aged woman again. My leg still looks unusual...Oldest Son went into Basic Training and I am on constant standby for news. The only call his girlfriend has received was the one to give her his address. He's a turkey that way. OH and don't say he's busy, I'm following his group on FB and the parents/loved ones there are posting when they get calls He thinks his TI yells loud? Wait 'till I see him in May... He's in big trouble.
We decided to get a new vehicle. My husband NEEDS a new vehicle, we're tired of spending so much to repair his, but for some reason we got distracted and requested one for me- to be transported to our base to have a look. It took three days to arrive from less than 40 miles away, and when it did get here, the lorrie driver somehow ran over his remote control and he couldn't unload the van. We were told to come back the next day, only to discover that they had damaged it while unloading it. We were told to come back in a week and then told it wasn't there because they put it into a garage to have the light conversion on it.
We told them to keep their van...
Son number 3 plays on a football (soccer) team and they just won the league. They still have two league games to play, but it's a done deal already. Yay #3!
We had a movie/sleepover birthday party for 13 kids... don't say it. We took the kids to see Rango on the release nite. Yeah... that's all I have to say about Rango.

Kids have gone to town on their Despicable Me plasticine characters. They're competing for who can make the smallest that still retains detail.
![]() |
| Miss Ky is a big help in that after-stretch period |
So... blogging has suffered.
What have you been doing while waiting for Spring to make her appearance?






You make me feel like quite the slacker. Nothing much's been going on here besides spending too much money when DD was home on Spring break.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely need to impress upon the firstborn that his communications skills are simply unacceptable. His future wife will thank you for it.
Thanks for the update.
Reading this blog was a really good form of passive exercise. I am exhausted by your schedule.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to son #3 and to your hubby! :D I'm glad to see you posting again. You were missed. I hope your bruise heals up soon and that your schedule slows down a little so you can catch your breath. :)
ReplyDeleteBesides taking a nap for you--is there anything else I might do to ease your burden, Nuclear Woman???
ReplyDeleteMay I just say that your children's fascination, skill and imagination with plasticine delights me to no end??!! Keep the pictures coming!!
Holy moly those are teeninsy! Adorable! And Miss Ky! Who gave her permission to get old?!?
ReplyDeleteI've been looking into homeschooling for my youngest. Bullying at school. *sigh*
I have been spring cleaning/organizing the entire house!! Ack!! So far I have the living room, guest bedroom, two bathroom and the master bedroom done. Also the dining room is almost done. Whew! Time for a nap and I have three rooms and two closets to do yet. I am on a mission.
ReplyDeleteHope you hear from your son soon.
Hugs
SueAnn
Not much. I did post a BLAH about Rango. It's a total dud. the amazing thing is gets all these good reviews from somewhere, a bunch of stoners I think. That movie is a drug trip.
ReplyDeleteyou are busy as always. Your leg thing could have been serious you fortunate you didn't end of in the hospital. Yep weird things happen like cellulitis or deep vein thrombosis which is fancy for a big blood clot. All that can happen with an injury. Shoot if you read any of my writing late you'll find out what one fall can do! I had not idea and in all my years of nursing never heard of RSD. Oh the shock of not being a know it all!
but anyway you know you are loved and anytime you want to post we will be by to read every word.
I think you were very smart to tell those guys to keep their van.
Don't throw in the towel just post when you want to.
All very good reason to miss blogging for a while. Real life beats blogging any day. Still, you are missed. :)
ReplyDeleteJust reading this makes me tired! :-) You've been BUSY!!! :-) Loved your post, as always ... they always bring a smile to my face.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog format and that you are back! Have a good spring.
ReplyDeleteDarn right. I'd say keep the van too. Don't deserve your business.
ReplyDeleteYou sound busy. I mean marathons, basic training and the like. But you've almost made up for it with this post. Almost.
Whoa, you've been VERY busy. I hope your calf feels better and life slows a bit for you.
ReplyDeleteA big congrats to #3 son's football victory. That's a nice trophy.
Cheers, jj
Don'tcha just hate it when life gets in the way?
ReplyDeleteLife has gotten in my lately, too, and that's why I apologize for not visiting you sooner. And, as it's still in the way, I am slowing my blogging down after the next two scheduled posts. But in the meantime, I'll have a little something for you at my place later today or tomorrow!
I feel like I need a lie down after just reading this!
ReplyDeleteThey're you go, slacking off again.
ReplyDeleteThat's crazy about the van and the bruise.
I'd say your oldest is in for it! My oldest is planning a trip with his school to New England and when I told him he had to call every day his reaction was, "Every day?" Dude - you're 14!! Of course you're calling me every day. And texting me every hour. And I'll be implanting a GPS tracking device in your brain.
We're trying to replace over 50% of our yard that died during our last bitter cold blast of winter. Can we spell F-U-N? Now, we're close to 100 degrees. Spring? Forget about it. It's so not happening. Don't you just yearn to be in this part of the world again?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, our daughter is going to be attending Oxford law school for the summer since she found out she can't clerk anywhere 1st year.
Cheers!