Is that one day
you will have a little girl
whose smile outshines
the sun's rays dripping through
Spring buds
you will have a little girl
whose smile outshines
the sun's rays dripping through
Spring buds
My wish for you
is that when you do have that little girl
you'll be old enough
to know that nothing else matters
when there's a book to be treasured
or clothes to try on
(even the ones that have just been put away)
My wish for you
is that you'll have
A little girl who shouts enthusiastically
"A castle!"
when you're driving past an old church
A little girl to make you see
the world from her eyes
as often as possible
Whose chubby little girl legs
(as only little girls can have)
will be churning away at the path
while she shouts in joy, "You
can't catch me"
you worry that she'll fall
again
A little girl
who will fill your world
with uninhibited giggling
and mounds of laundry
My wish for you
is that one day
your little girl
whose inquisitiveness is matchless
will walk ahead of you
stopping only to hug the flowers
and you'll tear up with the beauty of it
My wish for you
is that God will give you
something you didn't even know you were longing for
and fill you with love
that only a little girl can give.

Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I wish I could share her experiences right now as well, but I'm so happy that you get to enjoy them at least. What a darling little girl. Thank you for sharing that.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures and words. Beautiful. Beautiful. Post a warning on this, please. Tissues at the ready. I just played with my "little" girl and kept saying, "erin, slow, see her beauty, erin slow."
ReplyDeleteThose days truly make it worth surviving all the other days, yes?
ReplyDeleteBefore you know it, she will be off to college & mostly out of your life. It makes me want to cry... I want my baby back. Oh, wait! No, I want her to spread her lovely wings and fly, as you will at some point in the future.
Lovely post.
Amen! Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAw..so heartwarming, truly. No daughters in the plan for me, but perhaps someday there will be daughters-in-law and maybe granddaughters one day. Give her an extra hug for me.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely :) I didn't realise there was something missing in my life until my baby girl came along. She is the first and only girl in the family, all of her 9 cousins are boys!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet sentiment. And I agree with everything except the 'chubby legs that only a little girl can have'. Believe me, my thighs tell a totally different tale!
ReplyDeleteAwww, so wonderfully true! I had two boys, I loved them dearly, but when my daughter later arrived, I truly felt complete.. or at least I thought so - until my youngest daughter decided to come along and surprise us (grin).
ReplyDeleteYour wish for Ms Ky is overflowing with love - such a beautiful post.
Beautiful. Thank you for posting that.
ReplyDeleteCrying over here.
ReplyDeletesniff, sniff...
perfection!
ReplyDelete~AM
What a loving tribute. Words spoken in hushed tones from the heart will root deeply in your life and nourish you (and her) all of your days. Wallow in the blessing (who cares if you make more laundry -- there's joy to be shared). : )
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteBravo!
ReplyDeleteI raised boys, no girls, and I was thinking today of how proud I am of them and how sweet they are to "the mama" as they all call me.
Jeri! Out of a mothers heart spring up such fountains of love! the pictures with your thoughts are just priceless. This post is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHallmark eat your heart out!
So Sweet!
ReplyDeleteAwww! She's such a beautiful little imp! I mean, little girl. :) Something tells me she'll be needing a Christmas dress at some point and that I'd best get started sometime this summer.
ReplyDeleteThat is simply beautiful...like you, and like your daughter. How lovely. The photos are great too. What an exceptinal post. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSobbing Mama.
ReplyDeletepoignantly expressed wishes.
ReplyDeleteYour love for her is so tangible. I don't hesitate to say that you beautifully express the heartfelt feelings of so many parents out here.
ReplyDeleteAnd the pictures are gorgeous.
Naturally.
Awwww, that was absolutely the sweetest.
ReplyDelete"God will give you something you didn't even know you were longing for and fill you with love"
That's how we feel about Micah, too. Funny how your kids will do that to you.
My little girl is a young teen and so ready to leave her mom behind. Thanks for that post.
ReplyDeletethat was beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteyou made me tear up.
xoxo
Hope Miss Ky appreciates you. That was beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat is absolutely beautiful. Absolutely.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you save that and show it to her some day.
Gets my vote, as a writer and as a father.
ReplyDeleteOh my. In a puddle of tears here.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
All of it :)
Little girls become big girls, but they never leave your heart.
ReplyDeleteCJ xx
This is a post that made me sigh...heavily! I pictured my Granddaughter...thanks for the lovely images that came to mind!
ReplyDeleteSandi
How sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteI left this one in my reader for a few days so I could keep coming back to savor.
ReplyDeleteMmmmmmm. Thank you.
I am already teary reading this...
ReplyDeletein years to come, when she can read more that ABC, let her read this, won't ya?
This post is beyond the word beautiful, its a wish from the deepest part of a mommy's heart....
So beautiful!
ReplyDeleteA sentiment so well expressed!
ReplyDeleteI should have been here before. Congrats on POTD!
that was quite beautiful
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful! Congrats on your mention in David's POTD!
ReplyDeleteThank you. Thank you. Universal wishes for our children.
ReplyDeleteAnd the older they (and we) are, the more we hope.
BEAUTIFUL post. I can so relate. My daughter is now in her 20's. Where does the time go? (: Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful. I have always tried to live my life like this and thank you for putting into words for me.
ReplyDeleteThank you for reminding me of those treasured memories when I had a little girl who mattered more than anyone in the world. I still love her now that she is a big girl of 27 and has flown the nest. Beautiful post and congratulations on POTD - very well deserved.
ReplyDeleteHave just left my beautiful little girl in a Very Big Huff in her bedroom. She is refusing to kiss me goodnight. Then I read this post... and all her little girl days come soaring back... I had no idea that I would love a little girl so much. Am so grateful for her. And love my boys to distraction.
ReplyDeleteWonderful post. Thank you!
I had to wait for a grand-daughter to experience what you have with Ms. Ky. Treasure every single second. This post is truly award-worthy in every way.
ReplyDeleteThat was absolutely lovely! You are such a great writer! I have 4 girls--1 boy--sometimes I get "foofied" out.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Woman in a Window, this needs a Kleenex disclaimer. Took my breath away, WOW. Thanks for giving voice to that, its a treasure.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Carolynn
PS, Luh-OVE your new background!