Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pillagers Unite!

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers, is it Talk Like a Pirate Day already?!

The lyrics in case yer a little rusty:

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

14 comments:

  1. El just told me her pirate name is "Bloody Beard the Well Endowed". Steve said, "No dad wants to hear about his daughter's endowment." Thank you, Talk Like a Pirate Day.

    I adore Johnny Depp snarling, "Really bad eggs". It never goes bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argghhh and Shiver me timbers matey...does that qualify? lOL
    hope your Pirate Day was a great one!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how 'andsome that lad be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pale Rider usually gets pretty upset when I say "aye, aye, Captian"; I think I will forgo the Pirate talk day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw heck, I have no time to talk like a pirate, I have to go and swab the deck! heeee heee!

    Your pirate looks cute as can be in that photo. Happy Pirate Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Splice the mainbrace! Is it that time already??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aye matey and that be a handsome pirate if er I saw one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best trick or treater we ever had came to the door in a pirate get up and stuck out his pillow case saying, "Arrr, hand ov-ah ye cahn-dee." LOVED him.

    Blessings,
    C~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to teach that song to my kids. Then again, they may never stop singing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't say it, but based on the lyrics of that song, pirates sound alot like politicians. LOL
    Hope you had a great Talk like a Pirate day!!! My favorite is definitely Johnny Depp. But your little guy is awfully cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure but I think pirates are supposed to be menacing. I wanna squeeze this pirate's cheeks. Not sure that that's right.

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape