We were sitting semi-reverently in church on Sunday.
Miss Ky was properly positioned on the lap of the man she adopted as "Grandad" four years ago.
She proceeded to pull things out of her pockets that she had drawn while in her primary class.
"Wow Ky, that's really terrific, did you draw that?" I whisper.
She nods yes to me.
I don't want to be one of those Mom's that speaks zombie-like and generically to her child, so to show I was really interested in her drawing, I pointed to the face and said, "You are very talented, just look how good those eyes are".
"Yes", she proudly answers, "And I drawed the girly bits as well."
A Swan.
I am like a swan gliding effortlessly on the water in my response.
I calmly begin folding the drawing and whisper that we'll talk more about it after church but my mind, paddling frantically against the possibilities wonders: Did Grandad just hear her? Did she proudly point out the "girly bits" to her Primary teacher? WHO ON EARTH HAS BEEN TEACHING HER THIS ??
I lean out to look further down our row at a very mischievous 7 year old...
All I know is Miss Ky will NOT be designing our Christmas cards this year


That's funny. Very!
ReplyDeletethat reminds me of when we had just moved to France, the boys were 6 & 3 and we rented a house in a small private cul de sac; There was a family with 2 girls about the same ages as the boys, so they had some new playmates. In the middle of the cul de sac was a roundabout with tall plants and scrubs. One day my eldest came home saying that the eldest girl had shown him her 'line'. This was translated from French, but was not a word that we had ever used!! They called the girly bits that word for quite a few years. They used to say the 'boys have zizi's and girls have line's'
ReplyDeleteGood luck
Sue
you should have her do the Xmas card for your blog, though. ;)
ReplyDeleteHa, thanks for the laugh. Those kids sure keep us on our toes.
ReplyDeleteShe should totally design the Christmas card this year. That, or the mischievous 7 year old should.
ReplyDeleteLOL...Where's a fig leaf when you need one?
ReplyDeleteHa!! That is too funny!!! And I agree...where is that fig leaf??
ReplyDeleteHugs
SueAnn
How fun! It would be interesting to see what she would come up with for the Christmas cards though . . .
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
ReplyDelete:-) She sounds delightful. Perhaps she could design a little something just for the blog. :-)
ReplyDeletePearl
Oh, go on, per-LEASE!! Can just imagine the horrors...x
ReplyDeleteDropped by for a smile . . . GOT ONE! Glad to see life continues to amuse you (and us).
ReplyDeleteA Swan..
ReplyDelete{choke...cough..sputter}}}
girlie bits---new favorite...
Hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteBeing detail-oriented is a good trait. You might want to steer her away from a career in art, but otherwise I see nothing to worry about! ;)
That's hilarious. Thanks for the morning laugh.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at this! The untimely places that these little remarks slip out is so typical.
ReplyDeleteI also have found that for some reason, children just love to draw in the girly bits! Sometimes the boysey bits too!
Maggie X
Nuts in May
bwahahahahhahahahhaaaaa!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha! You've got to love the honesty of kids.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post, the innocence and honesty of kids is always so refreshing.;)
ReplyDeleteI am visiting from Hilary's, my very best on your POTW win.
Many greetings from Denmark and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,
xoxo
What a hoot! Out of the mouths of babes, for sure.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on POTW!!
Very funny, I love children!
ReplyDeleteSee? This is why I don't go to church.
ReplyDeleteHonsty is one part we teachour children. I remember a brother asked to draw an animal doing sonmething so his was going to the bathroom.Both my parents went to school for this sibling throughout his lifetime.
ReplyDelete*grin*
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your POTW!
Oh, there's always one! I have one too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a love she is, and being in church added to the joke.
ReplyDeleteThat's just priceless! Out of the mouths of babes is an understatement. Congrats on POTW!
ReplyDelete