Monday, September 1, 2008

Sticks and Stones and Uptight Teachers

Mrs. Grockle,

I wanted to discuss certain behaviour I have recently observed on the school grounds, and because I love teaching your children and (usually) enjoy having them in my class, I hope you don't take offense.
Mrs. Grockle, it is our policy that we treat others with respect. Any behaviour that may hurt someones feelings will not be tolerated on the playground. Running, gymnastic-like cartwheels and skipping that could endanger another is not permitted. Loud voices and shouting is disruptive.
I feel it is my duty to ask you if in the future would you please refrain from "celebrating" the drop-off of your children and limit your cartwheels, "who hoo!"ing and skipping across the lawn to your own garden.

Thank you,
Your embarrassed children's humble teacher.

This post has been a Monday Mission. This Monday's Mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a post in the form of a letter home from a teacher. Brought to you by Painted Maypole.
For you folks new to my blog, Monday Missions is one of the few blog-assignments I participate in regularly. It's an ingenious way of kick-starting dead brain cells. I'm so glad it's back on! Check it out and join the fun.

18 comments:

  1. LOL. I recall running naked through the streets with my hair on fire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!

    This isn't something I've ever done (my son is only 14 months old)...but I seem to recall my own mom being somewhat excited when school started in the fall!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I am counting down the days (sort of) 'til all four of mine are in school, and I can taste sweet freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I save my backflips for my driveway! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been there. Ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOO funny! I'm going to write one. We'll see if I post it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOOO funny! I'm going to write one. We'll see if I post it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bwahahahahahahahahaha

    oh so funny

    and EXACTLY what I plan to do tomorrow morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think there's a lot of Mrs Grockles out there...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, hysterical! this was great, and the ending was the best.

    and, erm, yes. I think i know the feeling just a wee bit. and I only have one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heeeeee. You make me laugh.

    I didn't do cartwheels last week. But this week...well, it might be a different story.

    I love the Monday Mission idea...maybe I need to try it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! I am so gonna throw my back out on Wednesday when I drop mine off!

    You're one funny lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious! I sooo empathise - today (whoopee!) three of my four darlings started back at school, oh the bliss!

    I may try one of these missions myself one day, they look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The most wonderful time of the year--back to school days! :D

    Loved it! Be careful doing those handsprings though, you might hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. let the gravel fly, peel rubber Mummie!

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape