Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Harry Potter Fans, Soapboxes Unite!

WARNING:

I am spitting nails.

I've had it with movie makers determined to turn everything sexual and for Harry Potter?! That nice little kid who only wants to save the world? I am willing to fight this one.

Tell me how you feel about THIS.

or THIS.

Is that the most moronic statement you have ever read? (Just in case you're skipping my link session, here it is): "If you had to pick one fault in the Harry Potter films, it would probably be their lack of sexual content".
Are they insane? When will they learn that a good movie will do well at a box office without a gratuitous nude or sex scene?

They've just assured that this family of seven won't be attending their usual two theater viewings followed by the DVD purchase if they proceed as planned.

Look, I don't care if the world calls me a prude or out of touch-- I don't go to sex-filled, nudity laced movies and I don't really care everyone else in the world does, but when it creeps into my children's movies, I figure it's time to speak up.

Anyone with me on this?


(crickets)



If you feel the same way as I do, can you make your voice heard? Blog about it, Face Book it, write David Yates personally. Please.

16 comments:

  1. Yes I am with you - agree entirely.
    I doubt whether anyone will take any notice though because it is the state of the world that is wrong not just the movie industry.

    Whilst writing I would be honoured if you agreed to be my guest in The Sunday Roast Column I took over fro David a couple of months ago.

    Please email me on
    thesundayroasting@googlemail.com
    and if you agree I will send all the requirements.

    You would be most welcome on the show, best wishes
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely and totally agree with you. 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about this. Those stupid "Theater" types are so out of touch with real people. I guess when everyone you surround yourself is as crappy as you are- you think it's normal. It's a show for kids for cripes sake!

    We haven't been to any of the movies (my kids are not into it yet) but may just skip it all now. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't they look at the bottom line? The shows without the sex and nudity bring in a lot more money. A kids' show should be a kid's show!

    Of course, I am tired of the 'werewolfs', witches, and black magic too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had it actually been in the book, I might think differently, but why add it. I'm already salty about the weasley house been burned down. When did that happen in HBP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Hollywood; it's a must. That doesn't mean that I have to like it, and I certainly won't support it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just watched The Half-Blood Prince on DVD today, and am miffed because they left out Dumbledore's funeral...geesh. I'm kinda glad I missed that one at the theater, I might have hurled my popcorn in protest.

    I'm sure the hoopla regarding Twilight is what is driving this nudity train...wasn't the Half-Blood movie's release delayed because of the release of the first Twilight movie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely crazy and couldn't agree more.
    I am currently studying a high-level university course in children's literature and it's so up itself, it's not true.
    (And how clever of you to summarise for those of us too lazy to click on the link).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely insane!!!
    *eyes rolled*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, I haven't seen a movie yet that they absolutely HAD to put that type of stuff in. I don't prefer my kids not see movies with that in it.

    The almost kiss of Jacob and Bella was WAY better than any nude/sex scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I goofed the one line...I prefer my kids NOT see movies with those scenes. HA

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh good grief. I am SO with you. That is just incredibly ridiculous. One of the things I loved most about Harry Potter books is how family-friendly they are!!

    I am terribly disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is ridiculous! Do they really have to sex up every freaking movie? These were young kids when they started so of course there are not to be any sex scenes. Now that they are a little older it's still seriously inappropriate to see these kids in any type of sexual situations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am SO very disappointed to hear about this. It's so unnecessary. The movies have been huge, HUGE without all the gratuitious sex crap. I'll be linking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The second writer had to be at least twelve years old. What are these people thinking?

    I mean, we love the Harry Potter movies & we don't even have young children. This is all so absurd that I have to think they have gone & shot themselves in the foot. Morons.

    What is it with the younger generation of film making (among other industries) that makes them want to fix that which isn't broken?

    It simply makes me want to give them all a virtual slap up side the head...

    ReplyDelete

This may be the only adult conversation I have all day, don't leave me now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

scary people can go away now

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape